Oman Plants

Oman Plants
Cheery blossoms from Al-Jabal Al-Akhdar in northern Oman

Apr 5, 2009

I am almost done using FireFox!

I find FireFox extremely slow to start up, has those everyday annoying updates and it is really slow. Add to that, it did not do well with a proxy, so at work, I had to enter the proxy username and password, every time I use it. It does not even auto-save the username, you can imagine the hassle of that! Some of the add-ons I admit are useful (e.g. Zotero) but the majority are useless, like themes, why would I want the theme updates checked every time I start-up the software? Do not even start talking about customizing it, that is a whole new issue by itself.

So between he sluggish IE now 8,  I find Chrome appealing, no add-ons, so no updates or slow start-up. Very fast and now works well with most webpages. Yes I do get those error messages that make the screen dark navy blue with unfunny face, but all it takes one and all back to normal.

So for now, I also suggest you go ahead and download chrome.

You won't look back at any of the followings, which I tried for quite sometime before I decide they do not fit my lifestyle:

FireFox, Opera, Safari, Slim Browse &  Avant!

I used all of the above and I liked them but usually after 3 months I find them lacking for one reason or another. I still keep FireFox, Opera and forced to keep IE but not much else. So far, I have used Chrome for over 6 months, no problems yet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are subject to moderation